Saturday, June 13, 2009

I hope you had a great week! Time just goes by too fast and there seems so little time to create new and fun things, but I did come up with this little calendar that I think you will like if you like Walter Crane? He is one of my favorite illustrators! I work at a day job and it has been 15 hours a day due to all the cuts in Social Service! Oh my! Well I have got to get my creativity in, even if it is at 2:00 A.M.! Just got a chance to post this, a nice one page calendar 8.5 inches x 11 inches in .pdf format. I like a one page calendar that I can view at a glance, my personal preference. I created this from a first edition of "The Baby's Opera" by Walter Crane. I added three images and the rhyme as worded in the book on top of a 2009 calendar. I recommend card stock, but this works fine on regular paper. This can be framed in a 8.5 x 11 inch document frame for an added touch. This looks great at the office or at home. Print and pass them out to your co-workers or friends, they will use them and thank you! Let me know what you think and I will create more and some for 2010 too! You can download by clicking on the link below or click on the image on the right.

http://www.hedgehogstudio.com/cranebabyopera2009.pdf

2 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

That's a wonderful calendar...I would love to have a 2010 one too:-)
and many kind thanks for the precious feedback you left for me...with regards to the Hedgehog painting I did for you!
Thanks.
Char.

Soulybarb said...

Sorry you have to work such long hours. I havent posted in awhile. I've been taking care of my Mom who has dementia. Beautiful calendar. Barb

Do you like?

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker by profession, but love graphic arts and the art of illustration. I have collected hundreds of first edition children's books from the late 19th and early 20th century. I love the work of Jessie Wilcox-Smith, Clara Burd, Blanche Fisher-Wright, Anne Anderson, Frank Baum, Fanny Cory, Margaret Tarrant, Johhny Gruelle, Frances Brundage, Maria Kirk, Milo Winter, Beatrix Potter, Maud Humphrey to name just a few! I love to share!